Saturday, September 03, 2011

MEET MY NEW LOVE

What's the big deal about boots? Damn! they're expensive, most look like they could take you up the north face of Mount Everest. Do you really need such an expensive item to start out? Well, I would say yes! Aside from the fact that they can last for a very long time, these bad boys are in vogue right now. You can put all the  blame on Balmain Menswear Collection Fall/Winter 2011. Which took military references as it's major theme and showcased their male models wearing rugged boots with their pants tucked into their socks.

Old pair of Couber.G boots.

If you have been reading my blog for quite some time now, you are fully aware of my obsession du jour, boots. A worn-out, distressed, rugged pair is what I'm searching for. We all do know that all-leather footwear will definitely require some break-in time to be more comfy and casual. So buying a new pair is totally out of the question. I have an old pair in the closet that I bought about 5 years ago, I still wear them occasionally. A living proof that they were made to last a lifetime (I hope.) But I'm still searching for something a little darker in hue and go a little too high on the ankle.

Newly bought pair of Caterpillar boots.

Finally, the search is over. This is the day I found my love -  a great pair of rugged boots at my local "thrift store" (unfortunately, I can't & must not tell you guys here where exactly is this store, but if you're in my city and really interested for cheap yet branded pair of "bad boys" just email me for the information.)  Caterpillar boots in deep brown for only Php 900.00, a great find indeed. Allelujah! The shoe-god heard my prayers.


3 comments:

  1. i donno, but i still diggin the the old pair, very ruggedy and much mo masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna see u wearing those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. kickers have a better version of these pair

    ReplyDelete