Tuesday, August 09, 2011

SMART CASUAL MONDAY

"Smart Casual" dressing  is a middle ground between business formal wear and street wear. It is a loosely defined dress code, casual, yet smart enough to conform to the particular standards of certain social groups.The whole idea behind "smart casual" outfits is to make the employees more relaxed and to allow them to better express themselves. This is all to make them more productive and happy at their workplace.
As a college instructor, there’s not a lot of pressure on me to dress up. If anything, it’s just the opposite. For one thing, I interact regularly with younger people and besides wearing business attire can be daunting and boring sometimes. Yet, there are days that  I want to set the sartorial bar high and express myself in a more corporate dress code. Days I just want to violate my bohemian standards of dressing.  It's a great thing that there's enough smart casual pieces in my "treasure trove" that I can incorporate in  my  day to day dressing to enjoy  my work in a more conservative yet stylish manner. Rule of the thumb: When you dress to impress, make sure that your confidence shows not only in your gait but in how you carry your business attire, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment